Thursday, July 28, 2005

Billy Graham

Billy Graham
.
(Anne Graham Lotz)

"When she's visiting her parents in Montreat, N.C., Anne Graham Lotz said they watch the Rev. Dr. Don Wilton's Sunday broadcast from the pulpit of First Baptist Church of Spartanburg. But this Sunday is the first time she'll visit the downtown church.
.
The woman her father, the Rev. Dr. Billy Graham, describes as "the best preacher in the family" of preachers, won't just be visiting, she'll be in the pulpit."

Source: http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060427/NEWS/604270314/1028/LIFE

A shocking quote.....

"I respect other paths to God," (Billy Graham, Parade Magazine, Oct 20th 1996)

While the Lord Jesus said....

John 14:6 " Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
.
Billy Graham said concerning creation,....
.
'How you believe doesn't affect the doctrine. Either at a certain moment in evolution God breathed into one particular ape-man who was Adam, or God could have taken a handful of dust and blowed and created a man just like that' .

Source: July 1966 in this same 'United Church Observer', ('Sunday Magazine' June 1966).
.
The Word of God says....
.
Genesis 1:26 " And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. "
..
Men are made in God's image, but Mr. Graham likens men to apes! This is incredibly offensive!!!!
.
(From a transcript of an interview with David Frost, May 1997).
.
FROST: "A quote: "If ever there was a woman called of God to proclaim the strip - Scriptures, my daughter Ann is one. She's one of the great Bible teachers among women today. I have a great appreciation for her and other women who have a gift of God." Does that mean that you are in favor of the ordination of women? "
.
REV. GRAHAM: "It's -- it would be according to the circle I was in because I'm -- I feel that I belong to all the churches. I'm equally at home in an Anglican or a Baptist church or a Brethren assembly or a Roman Catholic Church. And I would have to say that I would identify with the customs and the culture and the theology of that particular church."
.
The words of the Apostle Paul: " I suffer not a woman to teach........."
.
This scripture was written by the Holy Spirit working through the Apostle Paul. Anyone who is Spiritual would obviously recognize the truth of this statement. To deny it, would be claiming that Paul was in the flesh. But listen to what the Spirit filled man said in 2 Cor 10:2....
.
2 Cor10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
.
There was also a book in 1953 that Billy Graham endorsed by writing a forward. It contains biblical teaching by a woman named Henrietta C. Mears called "What the Bible is all about"
.
She belonged to First Presb. Church at that time.
.
ES