Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Joel Osteen

Joel Osteen

From their own Church information Mr. Osteen agrees with and allows women to speak and teach in the church. This is unbiblical and heretical. ES
.
1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law."
.
"Miraculously healed of a crippling injury at birth, Lisa Comes, daughter of John and Dodie Osteen, grew up at the knee of one of the great generals of the Christian faith, and has developed into a remarkable Bible teacher. Respected around the world as an insightful ministry leader, she has been actively involved in the outreach ministries of Lakewood since 1983. An associate Minister, Lisa speaks regularly in the services and is involved in the spiritual leadership of the church."

From a CNN transcript:

"KING: When did you get into the preaching business? We saw that clip of you?
.
V. OSTEEN: Well, when Joel went through the transition after his father died, I just -- he wanted me to take part in every service. So I do. I take part in every service. I do just a little encouraging piece. And then, this is my fourth Mother's Day message to bring. So that was on
Mother's Day.
.
KING: Why do you want her in?
.
OSTEEN: Well, one, she's fantastic. And you know, she just has so much to give. And two, I think it increases our whole reach, to be a team, to do it together. I mean, here's some young people that are excited about God, and you know, there's not a lot of women in the, you know, ministry.
.
KING: Would you like to do some sermons, just you?
.
V. OSTEEN: Yes.
.
KING: Take a rest one week and why don't you do it?
.
V. OSTEEN: Yeah, well -- I -- well...
.
OSTEEN: As often as she could. She is more than welcome. And she's great at it. And she does those (INAUDIBLE)."

The Word of the Lord...

1 Cor.14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. "

Some other information.....

Mr. Osteen says that people who deny Christ love God!!!
.
Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. "

From a Larry King interview:

"KING: What if you're Jewish or Muslim, you don't accept Christ at all?

OSTEEN: You know, I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know ...

KING: If you believe you have to believe in Christ? They're wrong, aren't they?

OSTEEN: Well, I don't know if I believe they're wrong. I believe here's what the Bible teaches and from the Christian faith this is what I believe. But I just think that only God with judge a person's heart. I spent a lot of time in India with my father. I don't know all about their religion. But I know they love God. And I don't know. I've seen their sincerity. So I don't know. I know for me, and what the Bible teaches, I want to have a relationship with Jesus."

1 John 2:22-23 "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. "